UK nationals on death row
* Linda Carty, from St Kitts, was sentenced in Texas for murdering a
neighbour whose child she wanted for herself. She has twice appealed.
* Chan King Yu, from Hong Kong, was charged with trafficking drugs in
Malaysia in 2000. He was sentenced to hang after losing an appeal.
* Kenny Richey, 41, was convicted in 1987 of murdering a child in the US,
in a fire that prosecutors claimed he started to kill his former
girlfriend. In 2003, his conviction was reversed, but it was overturned by
the Supreme Court in 2005.
* Kenny Gay, 51, a British citizen, has been on death row in California
for 21 years, after he and a co-defendant were convicted of murdering a
* Omar Sheikh, a British-born Islamist, was sentenced to hang in Pakistan
for murdering a journalist, Daniel Pearl, in 2002. The US government and
Pearl's wife have acknowledged he was not responsible.
(source: The Independent)